Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Book Review: Issued to the Bride: One Sniper

Issued to the Bride: One Sniper (Brides of Chance Creek Book 3)Issued to the Bride: One Sniper by Cora Seton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Getting an ARC of Cora Seton's book is always a pleasure to read and to write a review afterwards. The third book in the Brides of Chance Creek led me to familiar grounds, predictable troupes and plot lines and as usual, a comforting HEA (happily ever after). Not complaining. Going back to Chance Creek is like having coffee with friends I haven't met in a while.

In this book, Hunter and Jo went through all the motions necessary to end up HEA. The story stays true to its message of partnership, gender equality, compromises and women empowerment. Though, what I like about this series is Hunter's journey to redemption. It was his own and he was brave to face his demons that has haunted him for years. Thanks to Jo, love at first sight and the error of his ways. He was given a chance to begin life anew.

And when love is real, it does find a way.

It is now the General who baffles me. How his pride has gotten in the way of loving his daughters. The mysterious ways of his wife does little to make him go back to Two Willows. I wonder what big surprise Cora Seton has at the end of the series?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...