Saturday, April 15, 2017

Book Review: Issued to the Bride One Airman

Issued to the Bride One Airman (Brides of Chance Creek Book 2)Issued to the Bride One Airman by Cora Seton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is my second ARC of the series and while I am glad to be back on familiar grounds, meeting familiar characters and favorites from other series by Cora Seton, Issued to the Bride: One Airman had been a very predictable read. It did not bring new discoveries or surprises for me. Yet, it seems to emphasize the message that, while our service and uniformed men serve and protect the country from wars that threaten national security and the world's, it is the conflict at home where they are needed the most.

I think this is the strongest point of the series yet. The rest, it was plateau for me.

I have started to doubt the Reed women, capable as they are, because they appear dumb and stupid. If not for life threatening events, they seem to have difficulty rising above challenges small and large. They have talents and skills, yet, they need men to boost their confidence. This is perhaps due to the absence of their father for decades. How I wish the General would come home and redeem himself. Apologize and make up for lost time. After all, Two Willows stands on generous and wonder filled land.

And so, I am now beginning to think how the General's men measure up in the series. I want stronger female leads, but for this installment, Connor outshines Sadie. Connor did all the hard work. I am uncomfortable with the ending of Grant getting killed by Sadie and Jo. I hope this could be dealt with in a more humane closure, not just for Jo, but for Sadie too. I am happy that Connor's parents took the road towards reconciliation but questions linger. Will Hunter be Jo's equal? Or will I see how they complement and not just complete each other? What is the escalating problem that Cab Johnson and the rest of the residents of Two Willows face in the future books in the series?

I sure would like to know.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...