Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Day 2 #KwentoRP612: Papa Mia

Here is the second story for #KwentoRP216. Day 1 story is here.

PAPA
She came home in a foul mood. Banging the door as she came in the house, I followed her to her room only to be shut out.
Her baon is left untouched. Her school bag is dirty. She has been like this for the past three days. I have told Minerva.
Talk to her. She said.
She makes it sound so easy.
PM her. I begged.
I will. She promised.
How can this be so difficult? I am not good with words, but I am good at making things and doing things. I remember how she loved playing on the swing.
Maybe that will help.

MIA
I hurt papa again. I am so sorry. Papa. I feel so lonely with Mama so far away. I don't know how to talk to you, Papa. It's always been Mama.
She hasn't replied to my PMs yet.
The girls in school are so mean. I am not learning anything new from my teachers! I want to go back to my old school.
I want everything to be the same. Gah!!! Why is life so difficult?!!!

PAPA
There. A wooden swing for my Mia.

PAPA and MIA

A swing! A wooden swing! Oh, Papa!
Up and back! Up and back!
I feel so free!
I run to Papa and hugged him.
Thank you, Papa. Thank you for the swing.
He looked into my eyes and for the first time in weeks, I saw sadness there. I am sad too, I told him.
He hugged me and whispered. I know. But it's just the two of us for the next two years. We have to make this work, you know. We need to. We have to. Until mama comes back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...