Friday, July 31, 2015

Conversion and Renewal

Today is the feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola. A saint of conversion, I look upon him to guide me through my own life journeys that are brimming with opportunities for growth and renewal. While this sounds hopeful, it is not struggle free. But there is grace. And  to witness this grace, which comes like a deluge, is enough to restore my faith in myself and in humanity.

I have been reflecting on my work as a school librarian in the Academy. The first two years was a breeze. I know what I need to do and I did it quite well. Evidence of this is the physical and technical structures that I was able to set in place for intellectual growth and personal development. The third year was amazing. Enough said.

On my fourth year, that's where the challenges rolled in. Looking back, I can now say it was something I asked for. And boy, did I get it. Those who dare and risk will never know what hit them. What is the best thing that came out of it? A realization of what I can do and can't; what needs to be done and what battles to pursue; knowing the friends whom I can trust and count on; and getting a better understanding of human nature.


Today, and on wards, I choose to be kind.

St. Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...