Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Looking for Andoy

2013 marks the sesquicentennial of Andres Bonifacio officially on November 30, 2013. The Official Gazette has a slew of links for researches and readers young and old alike who wish to know more about events and activities on Bonifacio's 150th year.

The Presidential Museum and Library has an article on the iconic Bonifacio portraits through the years and down to the commemorative stamps and the ten peso coin we use as legal tender. This, somehow, satisfies my question on the artists who rendered his images that I'm familiar with from a history textbook by Teodoro Agoncillo. Thanks to this article, I am moved to look at more Bonifacio sightings in every day life. Will my own conclusion of an under-rated Bonifacio change as I try to look for Bonifacio icons and images this 2013? This is a journey worth taking.

For starters, I have posted a 2013 planner with Bonifacio on the cover last October 2012. This I bought last year during the sale at the UP Diliman Press. Sometime last month, having lunch with a friend at a restaurant that serves Mediteranian food,  I found this photo of Bonifacio in the menu --


The chili sauce that the restaurant serves is named after Bonifacio. Note that the sauce is triple Xtra hot. What else will I find in the course of a year? My journey to look for Andoy begins.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...